Department of Homeland Security investigators executed search warrants Monday afternoon at Combs' properties in Miami and the Los Angeles suburb of Holmby Hills.

In recent months, Combs has faced several legal battles with lawsuits accusing him of sexual assault and human trafficking. The raids are reportedly linked to sex trafficking allegations made by different plaintiffs, the Associated Press reported, citing law enforcement sources.

Homeland Security Investigations said in a statement that it "conducted law enforcement actions as part of an ongoing investigation with the assistance of HSI Los Angeles, HSI Miami and our local law enforcement partners."

Meanwhile, Epstein's longtime girlfriend and partner, Ghislaine Maxwell, pleaded guilty in 2021 to sex trafficking women and girls for Epstein to exploit and was sentenced to 20 years in prison. Maxwell has maintained her innocence and has appealed her conviction. Epstein was arrested in July 2019 on federal charges of trafficking minors for sex in Florida and New York between 2002 and 2005. He died two months later in a Manhattan jail cell in an apparent suicide.

Commenting on Wednesday's raid on Combs' home, Rebekah Donaleski, a partner at Cooley LLP and a former federal prosecutor who oversaw the successful prosecution of Epstein's girlfriend Maxwell, called the raid an "aggressive step" that points to the fact that there were cooperating victims.

Billionaire businesswoman convicted of fraud sentenced to death! Billionaire businesswoman convicted of fraud sentenced to death!

Newsweek reached Donaleski and Combs' representatives for comment via email.

"The fact that they took this aggressive step suggests to me that there are cooperating victims and that they are moving quickly to file a lawsuit," Donaleski told ABC News. "A search, especially such a high-profile search, shows that they believe they have strong evidence, and the speed with which they acted tells me the evidence is compelling."

Donaleski goes on to explain that raids can help authorities uncover details that can corroborate allegations.

"Any innocuous details that you can verify is what you are trying to do. Perpetrators keep their memories. They keep photos and videos and things like that," Donaleski added.

However, in response to the raid, Combs' attorney Aaron Dyer told Newsweek via email on Tuesday, "There is no excuse for the extreme show of force and hostility exhibited by the authorities or the treatment of his children and employees. Mr. Combs was never taken into custody but has spoken and cooperated with authorities."

Donaleski is not the first to speak out about the raids, as many celebrities have since spoken out about the rapper and the allegations against him.

Rapper 50 Cent was among those who mocked Combs on social media. The two have been feuding since 2007 after 50 Cent suggested, without evidence, that Combs was involved in the murder of hip-hop legend The Notorious BIG.

"Now Diddy didn't do it, Diddy did it," 50 Cent wrote on X, formerly Twitter. "They don't come like that unless they got a case on their hands."

This incident comes after a music producer filed a lawsuit last month accusing Combs of forcing her to go to prostitutes and then pressuring her to have sex with them. The producer, Rodney "Lil Rod" Jones, alleges in the lawsuit that he was sexually harassed, drugged and threatened by Combs for more than a year. Jones produced several tracks on Combs' The Love Album: Off the Grid and is seeking $30 million in damages.

Combs' lawyer Shawn Holley previously denied the allegations in a statement, saying, "We have very strong and indisputable evidence that his claims are completely false."

In a separate case, Combs' ex-girlfriend, R&B singer Cassie, sued him in November, claiming she was sexually abused for years. The lawsuit, which accused Combs of forcing her to have sex with male prostitutes while filming, was settled a day after it was filed.